Bill Cosby’s Upcoming Connecticut Comedy Show Canceled Amid Rape Allegations

“There are no plans to reschedule at this time,” a representative from Foxwoods’ Grand Theater tells TheWrap

Bill Cosby‘s January show at Foxwoods Resort Casino was canceled on Monday, TheWrap has learned. The Connecticut casino pulled the plug on the event amid a gathering storm of allegations involving women who claim to have been raped, drugged or sexually assaulted by the comedy icon.

“Everyone who purchased tickets got refunds,” a representative from the venue, Foxwoods’ Grand Theater told TheWrap. “There are no plans to reschedule at this time.”

The representative did not detail why the event, scheduled for Jan. 31, was canceled, however it is the latest in a string of cancelations for the 77-year-old comedian. Last week, Treasure Island Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas and the Diamond Desert Casino in Arizona called off upcoming shows.

 

In addition, TV Land announced that it was pulling repeats of “The Cosby Show,” Netflix decided to postpone a comedy special starring the funnyman, which was to premiere over the Thanksgiving holiday. NBC likewise announced that it would not to go forward with a sitcom that would have starred Cosby, which was in the early stages of development.

To date, at least 18 women have made accusations against Cosby, including multiple women who came forward last week. Therese Serignese, a Florida nurse, claimed on Thursday that the former sitcom star drugged and raped her at a Las Vegas hotel in 1976. Carla Ferrigno, a former Playboy bunny and wife to “Incredible Hulk” star Lou Ferrigno, said in a radio interview with KFI AM on Thursday that Cosby attempted to sexually assault her at his Los Angeles home in 1967.

Ex-NBC employee Frank Scotti added fuel to the growing fire on Monday, when he went on NBC’s “Today” and claimed he had routinely brought women to Cosby’s dressing room, as if he were a “pimp.”

Cosby has not responded to TheWrap’s request for comment.