Greta Van Susteren Hints at Return to TV: ‘I Have Received a Tempting Offer’

“I am making the decision in the next week,” the cable news veteran tweets

Former Fox News host Greta Van Susteren has hinted on Twitter that she could return to TV in the very near future.

 

Van Susteren has said the “train has left the station” when it comes to returning to Fox News and had a long run at CNN prior to landing her own show on Fox. That leaves MSNBC as the highest-profile cable news network, and it just so happens that rumors of Van Susteren heading to MSNBC started to circulate last week.

MSNBC  and Van Susteren did not immediately respond to TheWrap’s request for comment.

“I will probably decide in one week. I have been on sabbatical long enough – either go back to work or take on some project,” Van Susteren tweeted on Tuesday night.

She continued: “I have signed no contract but if I do, I will move fast and get busy on tv-I am not one to sit around.”

Van Susteren abruptly left Fox News in September, saying the network “has not felt like home to me for a few years,” but she wanted to continue her broadcasting career.

“I made my decision and informed Fox News of my decision that I was leaving Fox News Channel per my contract,” Van Susteren wrote on Facebook at the time. “I took advantage of the clause in my contract which allows me to leave now. The clause had a time limitation, meaning I could not wait.”

Van Susteren was a loyal and outspoken defender of former Fox News CEO Roger Ailes, who has since stepped down amid a sexual harassment scandal. Back on July 8, before Ailes stepped down, Van Susteren told TheWrap: “If there were something weird going on … I would have heard it.”

Earlier this year, Van Susteren even fired back at people who criticize her for defending Ailes.

“Let’s first get something straight: I did not sexually harass anyone (of course.). And second, I did not know about any sexual harassment and keep it secret,” Van Susteren wrote on her GretaWire blog.