“The Maze Runner” stars are rallying around Dylan O’Brien, who suffered a severe injury on the set of “The Maze Runner: The Death Cure” earlier this week.
“Thinking of you Dyl, sending love from all of us, see you soon,” said Kaya Scodelario, who added a message for fans: “guys, Thank you for your well wishes and love but please get your information from official sources like Fox (the studio) and Dylan’s publicist. NOT TMZ.”
O’Brien was filming a scene involving a car on the set of “Maze Runner” and there was an accident. He suffered multiple broken bones and was rushed to the hospital in British Columbia, Canada.
“A little clarity – @dylanobrien is a #Beast in my book – I saw him rise to the challenge & slay it,” said Barry Pepper. “By the grace of God he’s alive & well.”
Will Poulter did not directly address O’Brien’s injury on social media, but also took a dig at TMZ, the first outlet to report O’Brien’s injury, saying: “You guys sell merchandise now? Wow. You’re really commercialising misinformation to the max. *Coffee, Work, Ignore”
On Friday, James Dashner, the author of the books “The Maze Runner” franchise is based on, let everyone know O’Brien would be okay.
“I just want to let everyone know that yes, Dylan was hurt, but that he’s going to be okay,” Dashner tweeted Friday. “Not life threatening in any way.”
He added, “Production is postponed but certainly not cancelled. All that matters now is that Dylan recovers. We love you, Dylan!!!”
“Dylan O’Brien was injured yesterday while filming ‘Maze Runner: The Death Cure’ in Vancouver, Canada,” a Fox spokesperson told TheWrap. “He was immediately transferred to a local hospital for observation and treatment. Production on the film will be shut down while he recovers. Our thoughts go out to Dylan for a full and speedy recovery.”
A video posted by Ki Hong Lee (@kihonglee) on