Kyle Smith earns Internet’s ire for saying “Star Wars: The Force Awakens” actress should be judged on her looks
New York Post writer Kyle Smith is catching plenty of heat for writing an op-ed stating that “Star Wars: The Force Awakens” star Carrie Fisher should be judged on her looks since she is an actress.
“Fisher is a public figure. If she didn’t want the public to talk about her, she could have spent the last 40 years teaching kindergarten,” Smith wrote in a piece published Wednesday.
Many took to Twitter to defend Fisher and bash Smith, with several liberally using the term “douchebag” to describe the writer and critic.
Read some reactions below.
- Imani Gandy (@AngryBlackLady) December 30, 2015
- David Roberts (@drvox) December 30, 2015
@rkylesmith Yeah she lost weight but you’re pretty much stuck with that face and hairline.
- Lost Turntable (@LostTurntable) December 30, 2015
Dear Kyle Smith, Where’s your disdain for Al Pacino‘s shrivelled up visage? That’s what I thought. Class dismissed.
- Ashley Lynch™ (@ashleylynch) December 30, 2015
- The James Rocket (@TheJamesRocket) December 30, 2015