Yet another woman has come forward to accuse Bill Cosby of drugging and possibly taking advantage of her.
On an episode of “Dr. Phil” airing on Friday, the talk show had seven of Cosby’s accusers for guests, including a woman who was identified only as Lisa who said that she was drugged by the famous comedian more than two decades ago.
Lisa had built a friendship with Cosby after being called to audition for him when she was a model in the 1980s.
“I was very excited to go and see him,” Lisa told Dr. Phil. “I was starstruck. I felt invincible. I couldn’t believe that he wanted to see me.”
She said the famous comedian was “respectful and kind.” On another visit, he allowed Lisa, 21 years old at the time, to bring her mother and sister along.
“My mother trusted Bill completely,” she said. “I trusted him like I trusted my own father.”
That allegedly changed when she visited Cosby at his hotel suite for a career mentoring session. She said he gave her two drinks despite her refusals, which he insisted would help her acting.
“I noticed myself getting a little dizzy,” she said. “Bill had sat down on the edge of the couch. He said, ‘Come over here and have a seat.’ And he had his legs open and when I sat down, I was sitting down in between his legs with my back to his crotch. And he started to stroke my hair back in a petting motion like this. The last thing I remember is just feeling the strokes on my head. After that, I don’t remember anything else.”
Lisa said she didn’t remember anything until waking up back at home two days later.
The new accuser joins more than 20 other women who have said that Cosby drugged and sexually assaulted them. They include former supermodels Beverly Johnson and Janice Dickinson.
In recent days, Cosby’s family had been rallying around him, including his wife and daughter.
As a result of the allegations, Cosby’s comedy project with NBC was killed and Netflix pulled a stand-up special it had planned to premiere on Thanksgiving. Additionally, dozens of performances on his current standup tour have been canceled.
Cosby previously defended his refusal to comment, telling Florida Today in November, “I know people are tired of me not saying anything, but a guy doesn’t have to answer to innuendos. People should fact check. People shouldn’t have to go through that and shouldn’t answer to innuendos.”
In the wake of the mounting allegations, attorney Marty Singer previously released a statement saying: “The new, never-before-heard claims from women who have come forward in the past two weeks with unsubstantiated, fantastical stories about things they say occurred 30, 40, or even 50 years ago have escalated far past the point of absurdity.”