Philip Seymour Hoffman Addiction Interview to Re-Air on '60 Minutes’

Philip Seymour Hoffman Addiction Interview to Re-Air on '60 Minutes'

The sit-down will be re-edited to include previously unaired material

CBS newsmagazine show “60 Minutes” will re-air its interview with deceased “Capote” star Philip Seymour Hoffman on Sunday.

The interview, which was conducted by Steve Croft in 2006, will be re-edited to include unaired material, including Hoffman further discussing the rehab stint he underwent as a young man.

Also read: Philip Seymour Hoffman Death: Suspected Heroin Dealer Held Without Bail; 2 Other Detainees Released

In the interview, Hoffman candidly discussed his struggles with substance abuse, admitting, “it was anything I could get my hands on … I liked it all.”

He also credited the early rehab stint with saving his life.

Also read: Philip Seymour Hoffman Friend Sues National Enquirer for $50 Million Over Gay Lovers Claim

“I went [to rehab], I got sober when I was 22 years old,” the actor told Croft. “You get panicked…and I got panicked for my life,” says Hoffman. “It really was just that.”

Hoffman, who briefly sought treatment once again last year, was found dead in his New York apartment of a suspected drug overdose on Sunday. While the medical examiner has declared that the results of the actor's autopsy were inconclusive, 50 packets of heroin were reportedly found in Hoffman's apartment.