Stephen Collins’ Wife Calls Him a ‘Pedophile’ With Pattern of ‘Molesting Children’ in Divorce Papers

Faye Grant also claims the “7th Heaven” star “used his celebrity status to engender the trust of the families of the children he molested”

Last Updated: October 7, 2014 @ 9:37 PM

Stephen Collins’ former wife Faye Grant accused the “7th Heaven” star of being a pedophile with a “long term pattern of sexually molesting children” in divorce documents filed in Nov. 2013.

In the documents obtained by TheWrap on Tuesday, Grant details a series of molestation allegations and she claims that her famous husband “used his celebrity status to engender the trust of the families of the children he molested.” She also states, “I further believe that there are more victims but thus far [he] only confessed to these three girls.”

The documents go on to say the couple separated in Feb. 2012 after Grant learned “Stephen had been living a secret life,” during a therapy session. “In January 2012, Faye learned for the first time that Stephen had been engaging in a long term pattern of molesting children,” the legal papers state.

Also read‘7th Heaven’ Dad Stephen Collins Admits to Child Molestation on Audiotape (Report)

Grant also alleges that the beloved actor, who played a pastor on the WB series, confessed to molesting one girl who lived in Los Angeles and the two others in New York. The documents state at the time of the alleged incidents, the girls were aged 10 to 14, but they would all be over 26 years old now.

She also claims Collins’ therapist asserted that he had a narcissistic personality with sociopathic tendencies. Grant further states her then-estranged husband “admitted that he had sexually molested three underage girls over a decade ago: At least two of these girls were molested over the course of several years. At least one of the victims has filed a report with the New York City Special Victims Unit.”

She adds that she became aware of the alleged abuse when she “received letters and a phone call from the husband of one of the three aforementioned victims.”

Collins, 67, has not yet been charged with a crime, but as TheWrap previously reported, the New York Police Department is now conducting an active criminal investigation. TMZ released the audio recording of what it said was the actor admitting to multiple instances of child molestation.

Also readStephen Collins Resigns From SAG-AFTRA Board After Molestation Allegations

“There is a formal complaint on file and the incident is being investigated by the Manhattan Special Victims Squad,” a representative for the NYPD told TheWrap.

Also on Tuesday, the Los Angeles Police Department released a statement to TheWrap regarding a 2012 case involving Collins.

“We received information in 2012 regarding allegations of criminal behavior. A case was opened, but is no longer active. No crime report was ever made and there was no verified victim,” it explained. “We are reviewing that investigation to make certain that nothing was missed and we are collaborating with New York to assist if we can. The case here has not been reopened we are merely reviewing the case for accuracy.”

Also read: Stephen Collins Fired From ‘Ted 2’ After Molestation Allegations

After the scandal broke Tuesday, Collins was fired from Universal’s upcoming comedy sequel “Ted 2,” he resigned from his position on the SAG-AFTRA board, and “7th Heaven” reruns were pulled from UP TV.

“As a top family-friendly network, we are deeply concerned for the families that are potentially affected by these disturbing allegations surrounding actor Stephen Collins,” Charley Humbard, president & CEO of UP said.

Pamela Chelin contributed to this report.